Welcome to our community of families and children! We have some material for you to read and a registration form for you to fill out. All of the materials needed for registration are available through this page of our website. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Center Director, Patty Shastany, at 509-209-2590.
- Read our Family Handbook
- Read our Disaster Plan
- Create an account on MyIR.net to access your child’s immunization records. This takes about five minutes to complete. Once you have created your account, please print out the immunization record for each child enrolled in our program and provide to us prior to or on your child’s first day.
- Fill out the Registration Form (this form is only online and you will be able to “Save and Continue” as you complete it). Please have your medical insurance information and emergency contact information available when you go to complete the form.
- You will be invoiced for your initial registration and this may be paid online.
Monthly Invoicing and Payment:
- Due to COVID-19 we have temporarily made the following changes to invoicing and payment:
- It will be possible to pay tuition online with credit card, debit card, or ACH transaction. Tuition can still be paid by mailing a check to the address on the tuition invoice. Cash payments will be accepted in person.
- Tuition is due by the 10th of the month.
- Tuition is billed monthly on or before the 1st of the month.
- Payment is due by the 5th of each month (or the weekday following the 5th if it falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or Holiday).
- Payment may be made by personal check or bank check made out to Community Building Children’s Center or CBCC. If you are bringing payment, it can be deposited into the lockbox in the preschool classroom. Payments mailed directly from your bank are also accepted. We do not accept credit cards for tuition payment on a regular basis. Cash payments for tuition must be made in person so that we may provide a receipt.
- If you have concerns about making a payment or would like to request an altered payment schedule, please contact us to discuss your needs.
- A late fee of $25 may apply if tuition is received after the 5th calendar day of each month. Enrollment for your child(ren) may be terminated if payment for tuition is not received in the month it is due, unless you have made other arrangements with the Center Director.
- Families will be invoiced late fees of $1/minute for each minute past 5:30 on any day that their child(ren) are picked up past 5:30 pm.
- Credit is not provided for missed days.
- If additional days are needed on an occasional basis and if there is space available in the classroom, these days will be added to the monthly invoice. See our tuition rates for pricing.
- Two weeks advance notice is requested before withdrawing your child from the program.
- A registration fee of $200 is required upon enrollment and $100 annually thereafter.
- A discount of 10% of the oldest child’s tuition will be applied for families with multiple children enrolled simultaneously.
- We do accept DSHS Working Connections Child Care Payments and CoPays. If you need to know more about this state program and to see if you qualify click here.
- If you would like to review our tuition rates, you can see them HERE.
Child’s Transition into the Program:
During registration and enrollment, parents may meet with the director to learn about the program, ask questions, tour the center, and meet teaching staff.
Whenever possible, two parent/child visits to the center are recommended before the child’s first day of attendance. During the first visit, the parent and child(ren) visit together, and during the second, the child visits for 1-2 hours alone, then with the parent when they return. This allows for a smooth transition for the child, particularly if this is their first group care experience. Teachers will familiarize the child and family with the classroom layout, routines, and procedures during these visits. You can get more information about these routines on our Current Families page. This page is password protected. The password will be provided to you after enrollment.
Throughout the child’s first day, teachers will be available during arrival and departure times to address parent questions and concerns. Teachers will also orient parents to the classroom’s communication routines and procedures, such as signing in and out, sharing daily information notes, use of parent notices on sign-in sheet, etc.
We look forward to spending time getting to know each one of you. We genuinely appreciate the interest that you have shown in our program.
- The center is open between the hours of 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Each child must bring an entrée for lunch.
- A morning snack; milk, fruits and vegetables at lunch; afternoon snack; and a snack bag for the ride home are provided to each child each day by CBCC.
- Students enrolled in the preschool room must be potty trained.